The research resulting from Women Sex and Shopping (WSS) is reported to clients in a number of ways:
- The Main Report
- A series of Notes covering diverse issues across Five main subject streams
- Telephone or face-to face advisory
The Notes are an ongoing output that may analyse direct data from Hewson’s own research (within WSS) or may be commentary on third party/literature based material. The Notes are normally 2-5 pp and are intended to be an easily accessible library of critical information. In 2016-17 there are likely to be 100-200 Notes issued relating to Women Sex and Shopping.
Subject Area Streams
- Retail Environments (Emotional Goods) – RE
- Personal Lubricant – PL
- Sex Toys and Accessories – STA
- Female Sexual Behaviours and Attitudes – FSB
- Older Women Economy and Lifestyle – OWEL
Analyst Notes Examples (published April 2016):
- The potential entry into the Personal Lubricant market of Beauty/Skincare Brands
- The entry of brands on incumbent players in Personal Lubricants
- The entry of brands: Good or bad news for the Adult World?
- Sexual Goods market trends: size, growth and direction 2016
- The Older Woman (40+) Emotional Goods Economy: Misunderstood and Left Out?
- Pragmatism in the Female Consumer: Masking over the gaps?
- WSS Lubricant Pilot Study: Some Implications
- Emotional Goods Retail: Is the High Street in need of a revolution?
- Sexual Wellness: Does Society underestimate the economic impacts?
- What is the possibility that sexually related goods are an important consumer portal for luxury goods?
- The Psychological impact and effects of ‘Objects’ such as sex toys and lubricants
- Marketing and Advertising to older women: Lessons from the wider world of commerce
- The challenge of Research. Sexual issues, older women and the future of retail all present significant difficulty
- Literature Review: Bergner, Meston, et al